It is the end of the school year for us.....finally! I can't wait to have my kids home for the summer. I love lounging in PJ's all day, and taking fun day trips to the beach or museums. I'm sure those days will include sibling arguments and a messy house but I choose not to think about that. I have tons of kids activities pinned on Pinterest for those moments I will want to pull my hair out. And when I need a break I will lock myself in my bedroom and skim the internet for new card ideas. That's my plan anyways, we shall see what happens.... Anyways, with the end of the school year comes class parties, school events and teacher gifts. I was room mom for one of my boys classrooms and my co-room mom and I decided on a gift card bouquet for her. It was really fun to put together. I used all of my favorite punches and some techniques I learned from Carrie Cudney herself at the SU convention last year. You can see a quick tutorial on one of the flowers I made here . ...
Are these not the cutest things you have ever seen? I made them last week using the SU! Flower Fold die cut (item 115970, $42.95) and some fabric I found in the remnant bin at a craft store. They can be made into a hair tie, barrette, broach, or decoration. I especially love the one for St. Patty's day. I am selling these. If you would like one they are $4, you just need to let me know which of the options above you would like and which style. The blue one is 5" across and the green is 4" both can be made smaller for $3/ea. I can also do custom colors, they are so much fun to make! If you are lucky enough to be in my stamping club, we will be making these beauties at our next meeting, along with some other fun fabric items! Happy Stampin' Tricia
I needed to get my creative juices flowing so I went in search of a new sketch. I stumbled across this blog Freshly Made Sketches , their sketches are right up my alley, I love their clean and simple style. Usually, I just jot down the sketch and go along my merry way. But this time I decided to actually play along. I also happened to get my box of NEW Stampin' Up! goodies this week so I have incorporated those as well. Being a SU! demo I get to order a few items from the upcoming idea book and catalog. So I ordered a set of the new In Colors and a couple of the new colors being introduced. Well, here is the Freshly Made Sketch #84, FMS84, and my first ever challenge version of it. I used three new colors Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar and the re-introduced Soft Sky. The fluffy flower is made from the Creped Filter Paper, just $2.95 a package. I punched them and colored them with my ink pad. Supplies : s...
Comments
Post a Comment