Gift Card Flower Bouquet

It is the end of the school year for us.....finally! I can't wait to have my kids home for the summer. I love lounging in PJ's all day, and taking fun day trips to the beach or museums. I'm sure those days will include sibling arguments and a messy house but I choose not to think about that. I have tons of kids activities pinned on Pinterest for those moments I will want to pull my hair out. And when I need a break I will lock myself in my bedroom and skim the internet for new card ideas. That's my plan anyways, we shall see what happens....

Anyways, with the end of the school year comes class parties, school events and teacher gifts. I was room mom for one of my boys classrooms and my co-room mom and I decided on a gift card bouquet for her. It was really fun to put together. I used all of my favorite punches and some techniques I learned from Carrie Cudney herself at the SU convention last year. You can see a quick tutorial on one of the flowers I made here.


The rest of the flowers were just three layers of the Blossom punch with either a scallop punch in the center or a die-cut flower. I know we sold a package of flowers last spring but I can't remember what they were called. As a replacement you could use one from the Bloomin Bouquet project kit we have available right now. So I assembled the flowers and used a glue gun to attach them each to a clothespin mounted on a bamboo skewer. And I did cover the clothespins with gumball green dsp as well. The clothespins held the gift cards nicely. The skewers were pushed into some flower foam and I tied some ribbons to them. Lastly, I covered the bottom with Hershey Hugs.



The words are from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set and I just flagged the ends of the strip. Once she uses the gift cards she can replace them with pictures. Very versatile.
It's a lovely gift for a fantastic teacher.

Supplies
stamp set: Fabulous Phrases
ink: chocolate chip
paper: various retired dsp; silver glimmer paper and whisper white cardstock
accessories: blossom flower punch, 7/8" scallop punch, pansy punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, pear pizzazz chevron ribbon, retired organza and celery ribbons, and basic rhinestones


Happy Stampin'
Tricia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Ice Cream

Sweet Strawberries

Freshly Made Sketch & New Products