Convention 2012

Wow! What a great time I had. It was a very long 5 days but so worth it. I learned so many new tips, met some new friends and enjoyed connecting with others. My upline Michelle Halleen makes us feel so special she does a great job of bringing us all together! Thanks Michelle :)
A big part of the Stampin' Up! convention is the card swapping. We bring card fronts we have made and we trade them with other demonstrators. It gives us new ideas and samples to share with our customers and it's a fun way to get to know someones work. I made 3 swaps this year. One regular swap for general swapping and then two over the top swaps. The over the top swaps were special swaps you have to join ahead of time, they have a theme and a certain number of participants. Over the next three days I will be sharing my cards and a little bit of convention too.


To make this card I stamped the flower from the Button Buddies set 3 times and embossed them in clear. I then used the sponge daubers and daubed around each flower, I actually kinda rubbed the middles and then daubed around the outside.

SUPPLIES
Stamp set: Button Buddies and Pursuit of Happiness
Ink: daffodil delight, midnight muse, and soft suede
Paper: daffodil delight, lucky limeade, and whisper white card stock; dsp in midnight muse and lucky limeade
Accessories: brights buttons, early espresso bakers twine, scallop edge punch, clear embossing powder, embossing gun and sponge daubers

So I did swaps last year as well, you can see my swap here. In addition to swapping with other demos, there is a basket where we can drop our swaps off to SU!. I was so excited to see my swap card from last year up on the sample boards! So exciting!


Last but not least, my favorite part about Salt Lake City! The fact that they have these bright orange flags you use to cross the street. You just walk up to the crosswalk pick up your flag and walk across the street. We always choose to wave it wildly but I am sure that you don't have to. The most amazing part is that the cars actually stop, I can't imagine that happening in LA.

Well, that is all I have for today, tune in tomorrow for some more fun stuff!

Happy Stampin!
Tricia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Ice Cream

Sweet Strawberries

Freshly Made Sketch & New Products